Today’s pain in sport talk at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) for the MSc Sports & Exercise Medicine group focused on modern concepts of pain, in particular the problem of persisting pain. Using plenty of clinical examples and anecdotes, we explored a range of topics including:
- The enormous (global) issue of pain
- The dimensions of pain (physical – cognitive -emotional)
- The importance of the whole person as much as the condition
- The relevance of the meaning of pain to the individual and how this flavours the pain experience
- The vital early messages when we talk to someone with pain, and how this can shape their thinking and actions
- The importance of using the science of pain in dealing with sports injuries.
Richmond holds clinics for pain and chronic pain problems in Harley Street, Chelsea and New Malden
If you would like Richmond to come to your practice and talk about pain and chronic pain, please contact Jo on 07518 445493.